Real-Time Streaming Data
Customers electing to use HotlineX with a live, streaming feed receive their market data from BarChart Market Data Solutions, an information provider to online traders, broker-dealers and financial institutions worldwide. These data include:
- Streaming real-time data on futures and commodities
- Streaming real-time data stocks from all the major exchanges
- Streaming real-time data on market indexes
- Streaming real-time data on FOREX currency pairs
- Streaming delayed quotes on exchanges not selected for real time.
- The fastest, most reliable data feed available.
On Demand Data
HotlineX also supports Total Access, our on demand, non-streaming data service. Meeting the needs of the most demanding traders since 1987, Total Access offers the most complete pricing database available. Daily stock data for NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX, all Canadian exchanges, and the London, Australian and Indian Stock Exchanges. Market indices and statistics such as the Dow Jones, Value Line, NYSE Composite, S&P 500/100 and S&P industry group data. Mutual fund data from every family. And, the world's largest database of commodity futures contracts. Unlimited access to historical data, end-of-day updates and 20 minute delayed prices on as many stocks, mutual funds, options, futures, commodities, and market indices as you want.
However different they may be, every successful trader has two attributes in common: money management and discipline. Hotline will help you build both of these skills, while increasing your confidence and helping you to "plan the trade and trade the plan." In addition to the best charting and technical analysis available, Hotline has powerful extra features...
- Personal Trade Tracking summarizes your open positions and analyzes your trading results historically.
- Expert Trading Model makes buy, sell and stop-loss recommendations, and tracks its theoretical performance just as it tracks your real or paper trades.
- DayTrader™ System makes daily recommendations for day trading commodities and stocks.
- Personal System Alerts enable you to define and test your own early warning system based on 30 technical variables.
- Audio/Visual Alarms/Spoken inform you when new candle patterns form, when technical tools are producing new signals and when our DayTrader - or your own - buy/sell points are touched or exceeded.
With Hotline you don't need to be an expert to reap the benefits of technical analysis. Hotline will help focus your attention on potential trading opportunities, increasing your chances of being in the right place at the right time. As your technical analysis skills grow, you will benefit from the most complete charting and technical toolbox available.
Charts analyze a security's performance over time and can display that information in a variety of views, including line, traditional bar, semi-log, Japanese candlestick, Haiken-Ashi and Point & Figure. The time frame of a chart refers to the amount of time each horizontal movement represents, not the total time represented within the chart. For example... a five minute chart in our software can cover two or three weeks of market activity where each point in the chart represents five minutes.
- All securities may be charted in time frames from ticks to minutes to monthly and everything in between.
- All charts, regardless of time frame, update every time a trade occurs (streaming data feed).
- Easily and rapidly switch views from Bar to Line to Japanese Candle to Point & Figure.
- Daily weekly and monthly charts are available even if you are not connected to the internet, allowing Hotline to function as an end-of-day and intraday charting and analysis source.
- Clicking on any point in the chart displays the numbers and statistics used to create the chart.
- Enhance charts with technical-analysis studies, overlays and underlays.
- Personal preferences such as window size and placement, manually drawn lines, technical-analysis studies and general chart appearance are stored independently for each chart type and time frame.
- Customize chart coloring, patterns and pen size.
Technical Analysis Studies
• ADX and ADXR • Accumulated Distribution • Advance/Decline • Alligator • Andrews Pitchfork • Average True Range • Block Trade Monitor • Bollinger Bands • Candle Pattern Analysis • Chaiken Money Flow • Commodity Channel Index • Computer Generated Trend Lines • ConnorsRSI • Cycle Finder • Directional Movement Index • Divergence From Mean • Elder Ray • Donchian Channels • Envelope Channel • Exponential Moving Averages • Fast Stochastics • Slow Stochastics • Fibonacci Arcs • Fibonacci Fan Lines • Fibonacci Ratios • Fibonacci Time Lines • Fibonacci Extensions • Force Index • Gann Lines • Gann Angles • Fractals • Ichimoku Cloud • Keltner Channels • Key Points • Linear Regression • Mass Index • MACD Histogram • MACD Double Line • McClellan Oscilator • McClellan Summation • Momentum Oscilator • Moving Average Offset • Parabolics • On Balance Volume • Pivot Points • Percent R • Percent Bands • Rate of Change • Relative Strength Index • Simple Moving Averages • Slow Stochastics • Speed Lines • StochRSI • Three Ring Reversals • Trendsetter Movement Index • TRIN • Trendsetter Ray • Trident • Trendsetter Strength Index • TRIX • True Range Oscillator • TTM Squeeze • Ultimate Oscillator • Volume Accumulation • Volume Bars • Weighted Moving Averages
Custom layouts store symbols, chart types, analytics, window placement and size for multiple charts. To create them, configure the charts the way you want them then select Save Layout and give the layout a unique name. To use them, select Use Layout and pick the layout you want. You create and use as many layouts as you want.
Our Chart Suite feature is the same as a layout except it does not pertain to any symbol. To use this feature, simply select a symbol then select Chart Suite. You can easily redefine the chart suite definition as many times as you want.
Tools like our Options Valuation Calculator based on the Nobel Prize winning Black-Scholes model. Special charts like EquiView, Compare and General Market charts found only in our products. EquiView displays two years of prices on the same security on the same chart, above and below one another. Perfect for viewing seasonal tendencies. Compare displays 1 to 4 separate securities on the same percentage scaled chart for comparison. Our General Market charts display an advance-decline line, up volume versus down volume, the TRIN, McClellan Oscillator and McClellan Summation Index. And analytics developed by Trendsetter like our True Range Oscillator, CycleFinder, Trendsetter Momentum Index and Computer Generated Trend Lines, all designed to give you the edge over other traders and investors.
Market Pulse Reports
The Market Pulse windows can display over 100 pages of statistical indicators from all the major exchanges including Canada and London. Reports may include most actives, new highs/lows, most up/down in value, option statistics, index statistics, currency and futures' markets and much, much more. Simple to use set up dialogs let you decide which reports you receive.
Trade Tracking and Alerts
Our trade tracking includes profit (or loss) since the position was opened, current intraday profits, best intraday profits and position value, all updating live, as the market moves. Selectable audio/visual/speech alarms are triggered whenever our DayTrader - or your own - buy/sell points are touched or exceeded. Our SmartChart feature will automatically alert you when new candle patterns form, when technical tools produce signals and when prices break down or breakout of current trends.
Time Saving Flexibility
- Install, set up and receive live quotes in less than 5 minutes
- Works in the background while you're using browsers, spreadsheets and other software.
- Automatic, timed operations when you are away or choose to sleep-in.
- Automatic storage of alerts, manually drawn lines and other personal preferences.
- Virtually every program default can be reset and remembered.
- Drag and drop quote monitor columns let you change the focal point of live quotes.
- Sort your quote list instantly over 20 ways at the click of the mouse.
- Work offline for end-of-day analysis.
© 2017 Trendsetter Software, Inc.